October 24, 2013
TD launches tablet banking app for Android
TORONTO--TD Canada Trust announced today the launch of its new Android tablet app, offering customers an easy and interactive way to manage personal banking and direct investing needs within one app.
"We've already had great success with our existing apps, and are very excited to be launching our Android tablet app which offers our customers seamless access between their personal banking and wealth accounts - all with a single login, in a safe and secure environment," said Rizwan Khalfan, Senior Vice President, Digital Channels, TD. "We know our customers are increasingly looking to us to make banking easy and more convenient. Our Android app does just that, giving customers the ability to bank and trade using their tablet."
Features available on TD's Android tablet app:
- A single sign in to bank, manage personal investment accounts and trade
- Pay bills and view account history
- Transfer money between accounts
- At-a-glance view of accounts, balances, holdings and wealth products so customers can view and manage finances and set goals
- A monthly calendar to view all upcoming payments
- Ability to monitor investments by checking account balances and trading stocks
- Real-time quotes for stocks, ETFs, and mutual funds
- Locate TD Canada Trust branches and ATMs
According to an Ipsos Mobil-ology research report released by Ipsos Reid Data in January 2013, 21 per cent of adult online Canadians over 18 years of age use a tablet device, up from 11 per cent in 2012. TD's new tablet app provides an intuitive and personalized banking experience on an increasingly popular device, taking the capabilities offered on our mobile banking app and applying it to the tablet.
"We have a number of digital banking initiatives we'll be rolling out later this year and into 2014, making it easier for customers to do their banking, whether it's in our branch, at the ATM, or digitally," added Khalfan. The Android tablet app joins TD's current suite of mobile banking products and services, providing nearly eight million active online and mobile users with a seamless and personalized digital banking and investing experience.