November 8, 2011
Starbucks serves up mobile payment in Canada
TORONTO -- Today, Starbucks Canada launched the Starbucks Canada App for iPhone - the only Quick Service Restaurant mobile payment platform and the largest mobile payment program in the country. Available on any iPhone device, the new, free app provides Canadian customers with a faster, more convenient way to manage their Starbucks Card and track their My Starbucks Rewards status on-the-go.
Starbucks Canada App features include:
- Pay for Starbucks purchases right from your iPhone
- Check your Starbucks Card balance
- Reload your Starbucks Card account with any major credit card
- Find nearby Starbucks stores with the store locator feature
- Check your My Starbucks Rewards status
- Consolidate Starbucks Card balances
- Access food and beverage nutrition information
- Build a virtual beverage with the Drink Builder feature
- Learn about Starbucks coffee
- Search for a job at Starbucks
Starbucks mobile platform builds on the very well-received mobile payment rollout in the United States earlier this year, and the success of the Starbucks Card, which has become a significant method of payment in stores. Extending this program to a mobile platform will further enhance the customer experience and allow customers to conveniently manage their Starbucks Card and their My Starbucks Rewards account.
"Finding new ways to connect with our customers and elevate the experience in and out of our stores drives our continued growth in the mobile space. We're inspired by our customers and their feedback on MyStarbucksIdea.com and feel confident Canadian customers are ready to embrace mobile payment at Starbucks," said Adam Brotman, senior vice president, general manager, Digital Ventures at Starbucks Coffee Company. "We will continue to watch trends in the mobile space and listen to customer feedback as part of our commitment to continued innovation that delivers value and excitement to our customers."