January 14, 2013
CPA is looking to hire a Manager of Payment Operations (LVTS)
OTTAWA -- The Canadian Payments Association (CPA) is a key player in Canada’s financial infrastructure, managing the systems for clearing and settling payments between Canadian financial institutions with over 120 members – from Canada’s biggest banks to individual credit unions and caisse populaires. More than 20 million payments, worth over $180 billion, are cleared through the CPA’s systems each day, including cheques, wire transfers, direct deposits, pre-authorized debits, bill payments and point-of-sale debits.
They are seeking a Manager of Payment Operations LVTS to complement their existing team in Ottawa.
Reporting to the Director, Client Services and Payment Operations, the incumbent will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Management of ongoing operations and business issues relating the Large Value Transfer System (LVTS);
- Supervision and oversight of all committee, task forces, and working groups reporting to the LVTS Management Committee, or as assigned by the Director;
- Providing a business interface role between CPA management, Financial Institutions, the Bank of Canada and other external stakeholders, ensuring that issues impacting members or the CPA are identified and resolutions analyzed.
- Management, training, development, and guidance to staff within CSPO;
- Assistance with the development of budgets associated with the projects and activities for which the manager is responsible;
- Act as Project Sponsor for various LVTS projects, or as assigned by the Director.
Key Competency Requirements:
- Post secondary education in business or commerce, or other relevant discipline;
- A minimum of seven years progressive experience in a business analyst environment with five years of progressive management experience;
- Knowledge of the financial services industry and CPAs systems and services and a good knowledge of industry practices, and developments in the area of payments clearing and settlement;
- Experience in project management or facilitation;
- Excellent project solving and analytical ability including the ability to identify risks and potential solutions; and
- Exposure to training and support in a business systems area.
- Well developed relationship management/building skills;
- Superior communication and presentation skills;
- Strong organization skills; and
- Strong customer service orientation.
The CPA offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. Qualified applicants should submit their résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1200-180 Elgin Street, Ottawa, ON K2P 2K3 or 613-233-3385(fax), Attn: Human Resources.